Monday, March 15, 2010

Monsoon is here

Wow! We're having a northeaster and we've had 10" inches of rain since yesterday. At least it's nice and warm. I didn't even realize there was a problem until my neighbor called me to make sure everything was alright at my place. I checked the attic and the cellar, which is always a good idea in a really old house and everything was fine. I went out to the gym and to buy some milk and it was like a ghost town. Kind of nifty.

There were new lakefront properties in my neighborhood and the water was running down the street so fast there were rapids cause the street drains popped their covers. The police put up roadblocks down by the river and on my street. My friend Diane showed up to use my computer. Her twin eight year old girls and I took a toy kayak and a plastic sled and slid down the rapids to the bottom of the hill in the dark. We screamed and laughed our asses off. Problem was, that when we got to the bottom, the sled didn't float and toy kayaks don't really keep you dry anyway. So all three of us got in trouble—but when we went out, Diane said; "Wear your boots!" She didn't say a word about not going swimming.

Ha, ha Diane! You KNOW better than to let your kids play with me!

Excellent photos to follow! Right now my camera and Simms card are opened up on the table drying…

No comments:

Post a Comment