Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oooops!

Today was a nice day. I got up late. Happy to be rid of the worst cold in human history; I hung around the house, played on the computer, sent email, packed up some stuff I sold in my store.

Toward the end of the afternoon I realized that I had better hurry out to the post office before it closed. I grabbed the packages, my camera, a prescription, library books and the shopping list. I am a master of multitasking. Made it to the PO on time, dropped off the books, picked up the prescription and stopped to take photos of a little old building I noticed last week that I want to paint. While I was walking up and down the side of the road trying to get just the right angle, I had to be careful not to drag my feet because I was getting sand in my slippers—Oh crap!!!! I forgot to put my shoes on!

Now, at least they're not bunny slippers, but they are faux leopard fur and I was wearing bright red fluffy slipper-socks. The whole ensemble was a little attention getting. Aaaargh! Why oh why didn't I go to the grocery store first? Now I KNOW I look like an escapee from some type of institution, I'm too far from home to go back for my shoes and it's a huge grocery store where I always run into people I know.

At least everybody I passed smiled at me today…

1 comment: