Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mind over matter

I'm still eating out! I haven't prepared any food since November 22nd. Having lots of good friends who remember your Birthday can be fattening! Although I did post it on my facebook ten days in advance to make sure no one was inconvenience with rush shopping. Hmmmn…maybe that's an important piece of this weight loss puzzle?

Let's see:

Crab cakes, salad, Israeli couscous with vegetables, sauce and bacon, rosemary scallops, wine and chocolate cake. Lots of chocolate cake

Scallops, wild rice, green beans, wine and I was feeling so virtuous after such a healthy meal, that I skipped the cake

Two restaurant doggie bags. Does that count as eating out? I didn't shop or cook—it does!

Full Thanksgiving dinner. Trail mix, turkey, potatoes, stuffing, gravy, carrots, broccoli, cranberry sauce and wine.

Ditto

Ditto

Six course Italian dinner with, antipasti and bruschetta, escargot in portabello mushrooms, breaded and fried, lasagna, veal stuffed tortellini, roasted prime rib of pork, fragole flambé, four wines and Limoncello. Luckily I walked.

Half lobster with scallops on wild rice with sherry sauce, asparagus, and a huge dish of pistachio gelato

Today it's doggy bag

I don't know if anyone is going to take me out to eat tomorrow night. I hope so because I am quickly becoming accustomed to this life. Friday I'm going away for the weekend and I don't think they'll make me cook, so I just have to line something up for Sunday night at this point.

Now this is the really good part. I've lost ten pounds in the last three weeks. I think it's all the healthy food that I don't cook at home. There's a little bit of gym in there, but with a hurt knee, I'm pretty feeble on the elliptical. I'm SURE the real force behind the weight loss was that, sensing impending fat doom, I watched the last three episodes of The Biggest Loser twice. I don't care how wildly you scoff. You can just die laughing!





No comments:

Post a Comment